Increase Blood Circulation Through Your Diet
At Cabin Crew Life we believe in a holistic approach to health and well being. Healthy circulation is one of the most important functions of the body and plays a significant role in your overall health. It helps your lungs, heart and muscles function efficiently and helps you to fight off sickness. As well as wearing compression stockings on flights there are other ways to support healthy blood circulation in your body. There are many natural ways to improve circulation, including choosing foods that stimulate blood flow.
Here are the best foods to optimize blood flow:
1. Cayenne Pepper: increases circulation, improves blood vessel strength and reduces plaque buildup in your arteries.
2. Pomegranate: improves blood flow and oxygenation of muscle tissue, which could especially aid active individuals.
3. Onions: improves circulation by helping your arteries and veins widen when blood flow increases.
4. Cinnamon: reduces blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels. This improves circulation and keeps your heart healthy.
5. Garlic: increase tissue blood flow and lower blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels.
6. Fatty Fish: contain omega-3 fatty acids which beneficial for circulation because they promote the release of nitric oxide, which dilates your blood vessels and increases blood flow.
7. Beets: relaxes blood vessels and increases blood flow to muscle tissue.
8. Turmeric: reduce oxidative stress and decrease inflammation.
9. Leafy Greens: eating nitrate-rich foods may help improve circulation by dilating blood vessels, allowing your blood to flow more easily.
10. Citrus Fruits: decreases inflammation and reduces blood pressure and stiffness in your arteries while improving blood flow and nitric oxide production.
11. Walnuts: eating walnuts may reduce blood pressure, improve blood vessel function and decrease inflammation, which may be particularly helpful for those with diabetes.
12. Tomatoes: research reveals that tomato extract works similarly to ACE-inhibiting drugs opening up your blood vessels and improving blood flow.
13. Berries: eating berries can lower blood pressure, heart rate, platelet aggregation and blood levels of inflammatory markers like IL-6 while also improving artery dilation.
14. Ginger: lowers blood pressure and improve circulation.
Remember to include as many of these natural ingredients in your diet to improve circulation and optimize your blood flow.